Thursday, October 1, 2009
25 Random Things About Me
1. I’m a die hard Britney Spears fan and have been since her first hit. Even through her head shaving, umbrella attacks, and marriage to Kevin Federline, my love for her never faltered.
2. I absolutely love my name and didn’t have to think twice about whether or not I’d drop my last name when I get married. Growing up with a strange last name, you spend a lot of time correcting people, so I became attached pretty early. Needless to say, I’ve embraced the hyphen.
3. Anthropologie is the most magical store on Earth to me. It is like a fantasy world, full of endless treasures and surprises (see photo above). I wish I lived in that store, literally.
4. I love potatoes and would be completely fine if that’s all I could eat for the rest of my life.
5. My little brother is my hero. He moved halfway around the world with my parents as a freshman in high school, not knowing a soul. In two years, he traveled to sixteen different countries, learned British lingo, and grew into a fantastic young man. He encourages me to take risks, step outside your comfort zone, and just go for things.
6. I have a running list of baby names in my Blackberry. I do not want children any time soon and am absolutely terrified of childbirth. Strange I know.
7. Shopping is my therapy. I would like to have my ashes scattered outside of Northpark Mall.
8. Tears are the manifestation of almost every emotion for me. I cry when I’m sad, happy, frustrated, angry, scared, surprised, and excited.
9. I buy candles on a weekly basis and have multiple drawers throughout the house dedicated to storing them. I light candles if I’m going to be home for more than 10 minutes. It’s an instant stress reliever.
10. The two best moments of my life were becoming a big sister and seeing Matt when the church doors opened at our wedding. I remember both moments with ridiculous detail and get choked up thinking of both.
11. In the last six months, I have become terrified of aging. I see new signs of aging every day and spend at least 10 seconds freaking over each sign.
12. I do a monthly Facebook cleanse. If I have to think twice about who you are or can’t think about a memory with you…remove friend.
13. I’ve never been a casual dater, I’ve been in 3 serious relationships my whole life. I have absolutely no idea how to casually date.
14. I’ve tanned almost by whole life, until 2 years ago when I got skin cancer. Now I drive by tanning beds and cringe thinking how many of us think only about the here and now.
15. I am a sorority girl and proud of it. People think they know what goes on behind those walls, but if they had any idea, they’d stop judging and want in on the fantastic friendships.
16. I don’t understand why young people smoke. It’s horrible for you and not attractive.
17. I take my camera everywhere. You never know when you’ll see Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears. Gotta be prepared.
18. I have the best friends in the world. They’re totally different, yet they each love me as I am and aren’t afraid to give me crap when I deserve it.
19. I can’t wait till the day Matt and I buy our first house. Years of watching HGTV has caused some serious excitement buildup.
20. I haven’t been able to pull off red lipstick since college. For some reason the classic Kappa look just doesn’t translate to my “grown up” life.
21. When I was little I fell off the diving board onto the concrete giving me a not so attractive scar. I was talking and waving trying to be the center of attention. Go figure.
22. I’ve never really been into the bar scene. Even in college, I just didn’t get it. Don’t get me wrong, drinks with friends is a hobby of mine, just not in a crowded crazy bar with creepy guys hitting on us.
23. I hate sad movies. If I want to see sad, I’ll watch the news, not pay $8 bucks for it.
24. I am a big fan of snail mail. Nothing is as comforting as getting a card in the mail, knowing someone took the time to pick it out, write a sweet message, and slap a stamp on it. I’m pretty sure I inherited this gene from my mom.
25. I keep all my old planners/calendars. They are like my diaries. I write almost everything in them and become sentimental looking back through them.
Ok, I cheated and added one more...
26. I’m complicated and completely ok with it.