Today is Bosses Day, so I must celebrate and give thanks to Jenny for being the best boss in the whole world. Top ten reasons she is the best boss in the whole world:
1. She texted me on her afternoon off to say congratulations on passing my prelims and then said "have fun celebrating." She knows me ridiculously well :)
2. She drove four hours to my wedding when she had to get up early to drive to the middle of nowhere the next day for her husband's triatholon.
3. She dug through her shed in the middle of the night to find me a shovel because I was having a crisis at my apartment. Of course, she also followed me out to the car laughing at me walking through the grass in my heels and loaded it into the car for me.
4. She reminds me every time a timesheet is due. You'd think I'd learn after 4 years of working at Access, but no. She reminds me with a smile each week (and thank God or I'd never get paid!)
5. When I'm having one of those horrible, awful, don't think I can get through it weeks, she lets me come into her office, shut the door, and just vent it out.
6. She inspires me daily.
7. She didn't tell on me when I used to hide pieces of chocolate cake at our New Student Conference lunches. I didn't want to get stuck with the nasty lemon cake!
8. She leads by example.
9. She understands that I am the most competitive person on Earth and she has helped me channel this appropriately.
10. She makes times for her students, her mentors, and her graduate assistants. She makes people feel important and good at what they do.
Jenny has profoundly impacted me as a teacher, supervisor, student, and most of all as a person. She helps me recognize both my strengths and my growth areas, while always surrounding me with support and encouragement. She is seriously the BEST and I can't imagine the past few years without her! So on Bosses Day or any other day, I am so thankful and blessed to work for her!