Monday, November 2, 2009

My Monthy Music Woes



The first of the month is here, which for many people represents a birthday getting closer, a reminder to pay rent, or a reason to get back on track with their workout plan.  I am not among these people (although I should totally be among the group who is reminded to get back on track with their workouts, uggggh, that's another story.)  For meeeee, the first of month is the exciting realization that I can resume my Pandora listening.  I usually hit my 40 hours listening limit around the 18th of each month.  So for just under two weeks, I sit sadly at my computer at work listening to my ipod or on those awful days when I forget my ipod, I am forced to play music via Youtube.  Last week, I listened to Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" thirteen times on repeat.  Sad, I know.  I even tried outsmarting Pandora creating two different accounts using both my personal and work emails.  It seemed to work during the month of September, and I listened all month long with no hassle.  But apparently Pandora got smarter from September to October and figured out my plan.  "You have already reached your 40 hour free listening limit from this computer" Pandora told me.  I even tried deleting cookies (I actually have no idea what this means, but it sounded like something to try.)  Big fat fail.  So I sadly resumed my Miley Cyrus Youtube listening, patiently waiting for the first of the month.

So yesterday, as I was driving home, marveling at the fact that it is already November first (where has this year gone?!)  I gasped, realizing the true significance of November 1st.  40 brand new, fresh hours of Pandora music!  I can go back to my music mixing and mood driven music player.  Ahh, the first of the month never sounded so good.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

What a great way to start November! Haha! But when your Pandora listening time inevitably runs out (and I thought I was the only one)--

I also use last.fm which lets you pick a "station" based on artists you like. I don't think there's a time limit...

OR! I also use qloud.com which puts all your favorite artists' music videos in one list.