Thursday, July 28, 2011

Amazing People

Amazing{via pinterest}

I came across this print a few days ago on Pinterest, and it has been on my mind ever since.  "Amazing people do not just happen." Its simple really, yet its something I think we tend to forget all too quickly.  We live in a world where a lot of things come in an instant.  With a click or simple command, its ours.  But when it comes to truly amazing people and amazing things, the picture isn't quite so simple.  Amazing things take work, insane devotion, and relentless effort.  That girl you see with the amazing job?  It didn't just happen.  She likely worked her butt off for it, putting in years of prep work, doing tasks she wasn't crazy about, knowing there would be a payoff in the end.  That relationship you see that seems so effortless?  It probably isn't.  It probably takes a ton of work, communication, and commitment to one another.  That mom you see that grocery store who has two kids and looks unbelievably fit?  I'm gonna guess she didn't get that body by sitting around eating Twinkies.  She probably gets up at some insane hour, while most of us are sleeping, to hit the pavement and sweat it out.  These people, these things, take an insane amount of dedication and passion; they don't just happen.

All too often I think we sit by, thinking, "I wish I could do that, I wish I could be that, I wish I could have that."  And in lots of those situations, I bet we could.  If we really worked, if we really pushed, if we really made it a top priority.  I'm not saying we need to become these accomplishment obsessed people, never satisfied with our lives.  But we all have those amazing things we want to accomplish, those amazing people we want to become.  And guess what?  It's possible.  But it doesn't just happen.  So today, I'm asking you (and myself) what amazing things do you want for your life and what are you going to do to make them happen?

8 comments:

Alivia said...

Oh my gosh. I connect so much with this post, Allison. Thank you, from the bottom of my (needing motivation) heart <3

Cigar Heiress said...

I needed this post today! I am trying to start a new business for myself and some days I says forget it and this helps me push through. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for this post. I too find myself caught up in the, "It's so easy for them" pouty fest. We ALL have the ability to do and be amazing people.

Chrissy Thomas said...

Really inspirational post, Allison. It speaks to me about a few things I am dealing with right now (weight loss and a big move). Thanks so much for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. it is very true. xoxo

Alivia said...

Just rediscovered this quote and had to share it here...
"If we let ourselves, we shall always be waiting for some distraction or other to end before we can really get down to our work. The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable. Favorable conditions never come."
C.S. Lewis

Alison Kinsey said...

this is a great post. i've always kinda lived my life by that mantra - that i'm truly in control of my success. i actually have a quote on my door, which might seem a little blunt, but it says, "just remember that what you have right now is a result of the price you have decided you're willing to pay."
thanks for spreading the inspiration!

Whitney said...

Can I get an Amen?