Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend Happenings

I'm back!  New York was a whirlwind, and since I got back late Thursday afternoon, I've furiously been playing catch up, which has left this little blog feeling quite neglected.  So I thought I'd post a few of my favorite things going on around these parts since I've been back...

DSCN5157

Reading the last page of Harry Potter as my plane touched down at O'Hare on Thursday.  Perfect timing for the midnight premiere...
Grabbing dinner and drinks with friends at our favorite Asian fusion spot...
Catching a quick Saturday afternoon cat nap...
Scoring this fabulous beauty at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  I don't plan to take it off all fall...
Catching my first episode of Extreme Couponing and debating whether I'm obscenely horrified or intensely inspired...
Trying a new gelato flavor (pistachio) and realizing odd can be good...
Getting to spend Sunday afternoon with Melissa, my dear friend from high school...
Replaying every moment from the HP midnight premiere and wishing it wasn't over...
Eating a delicious brunch at Yolk, including an entire half pineapple, cored and stuffed with fruit, yogurt, nuts, and granola.  Yum is the word...
Looking through my pictures from New York and wondering how on Earth I, the picture queen, didn't get more photos...
Soaking up time with Matt before my big move in two weeks...
Taking a walk to the corner ice cream store.  Nothing cures a sore throat like a chocolate malt...

DSCN5161

This week, I'm playing more catch up and trying to get things in order for my big move, which is less than two weeks away.  Time has kind of snuck up on me, but I'm determined to sneak in a few more summer treats before I start my new job on August 1st.  And since I've been gone from blogland for a while, fill me on whats new with you and what you were up to this weekend!

1 comment:

aub said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm jealous! You got the vest I wanted from Nordy's!! I couldn't justify buying it considering it NEVER gets cold in Tampa! :)