Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stacy London: One Chic Woman

wntw5012_m-brian-doben-tlc

Yesterday morning (ok technically it was the afternoon, but since I was still snuggled up in my robe and leopard slippers, it felt like morning.  Morning, afternoon, who’s counting?)  As I did my daily look around blog world, I was distracted by the TV in the background.  TLC’s longtime show, “What Not to Wear” was on, and though I’ve seen the show a bazillion (yes, really, a bazillion), I couldn’t help but notice how freaking chic Stacy is.  Now, I know, many of you are thinking, “Duh Allison, it’s her job.  She tells people what to wear, so clearly she must know a thing or two about fashion.”  And yeah, I get that.  But after all these seasons of What Not to Wear, she rarely falters, rarely disappoints, and always looks chic.  She has definitely inspired my work wear, rocking pencil skirts, silk tops, layered knits, and divine heels.  And with this, she always adds a little touch of the unexpected, a rocking cocktail ring, an oversized necklace or a swatch of leopard.  It is the picture of how I strive to look at work: chic, unique, and put together.  (Strive being the key word.  It doesn’t always work out like that.)  In case you aren’t familiar with this fabulous woman, I scouted out a few pictures of her (although the best pictures really do come from the show, which were difficult to score for some reason.)  So if you’re wanting some renewed workwear inspiration, tune into TLC’s “What Not to Wear” Fridays 9/8c.

20060428_101_284x426  Loving the layered necklaces and large pendent necklace.

stacy-clinton  Love the navy/mustard combo, but never would have tried it myself.  And the flower/bow at the neckline?  Precious.

stacy-londonLOVE the black on black with a fairly nude lip.  This leather jacket has been at the top of my fashion wishlist for two years (and out of budget for two years as well.)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am a big fan of Stacy London. She is definitely someone I look up to, fashion wise!

RAW said...

She's one of my favorites. I love how she always looks so sophisticated and glamorous.

"What Not to Wear" is the only reason I miss having cable!

Alison said...

Love her! She's gorgeous and always looks fantastic!