Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hair How To: According to Lauren

Back in August, I posted about getting out of a hair rut, which for me, included a change to a warmer hair color and a move away from long and straight to loose and flowy curls.  Getting out of a hair rut also came with an attempt to embrace the middle part.  The color change and loose curls have been easy, but embracing the middle part has been a little bit harder.  I can't ever quite get the front pieces to frame my face just the way I want.  But I love the look, so I've been determined to make it work!  And after watching this reader suggested video (thanks Alexandria!) I think I'm finally finding my hair groove.  So if you've been coveting celebs' fabulous loose and flowy curls with a middle part, look no further than this quick and easy tutorial by none other than my style icon, Miss Lauren Conrad!

PS: If you have crazy long and thick hair like me, you may have to hold the curling iron in place a little longer than she does.  That has seriously helped me, as has holding off on the hairspray till the end (which is different than I described in my last hair how-to!)

2 comments:

Alex Byer said...

Oh I'm so glad it's worked for you too! I seriously can't wait until my hair is long again, so I can be the dark-haired version of Lauren :)

Jess @JessCantCook said...

I love Lauren, she makes this look so easy! I'm going to try it tonight and see what happens :)