Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Ou{made by my dear and talented friend, kelsey!}

Sneaking out of work a bit early to head back to Chicago and see Matt...
the highlight of my week!
Trying out the oh so recommended Hopleaf...
and loving that they have the one and only beer I drink.
Meeting a long-time blog friend who was in town to kick ass in the Chicago marathon...
you go Cely!
Sleeping a solid nine hours on Friday night...
and not feeling the least bit guilty.
Cheering on my beloved Sooners who dominated Saturday's big game...
Boomer!
Texting and Facebooking all my Longhorn friends to furiously rub in their embarrassing loss...
I'm such a classy winner.
Loving watching football at Norma's in sweats and no makeup...
and realizing the best kind of friends don't mind if you take a cat nap on their couch.
Reuniting with my AT friends for a fun night out...
and laughing at some of the crazy stories they've collected since my departure.
Spending Sunday morning grocery shopping with Matt...
and realizing it's the ordinary things I miss most while we're apart during the week.
Soaking up the oddly fabulous weekend weather in Chicago...
with what else but an afternoon picnic!
Watching a hot air ballon take off from the park across the street...
and secretly wishing the owners would have offered us a ride.
Snuggling up for a Sunday Red Box...
and realizing Matt Damon can do no wrong in my eyes.

What were you up to this weekend?

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Boomer!

Love Stoops' visor!! :)

Ez said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! x

Angie said...

Cheered on the Sooners! Boomer! That pic is SO great!