Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dream

tumblr_l5gw2nuBgi1qbjlmmo1_400_large{we heart it}

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” C.S. Lewis

This move to Chicago has taken me off path a bit.  And I mean that in a good way.  I was in a place where I thought I had everything all figured out and planned to perfection.  But the move has stirred things up a bit and thrown a mini-wrench in my plan.  That wrench has turned out to be the biggest blessing, as it has forced me to see things differently, take risks, and break out of the box.  A lot of what I’m doing wasn’t in my plan, but it has opened new doors, new possibilities, and new dreams.  It makes me wonder why I wasn’t dreaming these things before and why I was so set on my silly little plan.  So today, I’m tipping my hat to dreams, and promising myself that no matter how old I get, I won’t ever stop dreaming.

11 comments:

Dave and Jenny McIntosh said...

To be content is one of the most difficult points to get to. I know it took a while but I am so happy you are there! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Good luck with everything! It'll be all good:-)

caknitter said...

This was the perfect post for me to read today. Thank you for sharing it.
It sounds like you have a blessed life. Cheers to you!

Devea said...

What a beautiful post! That quote is so true :)

Devea said...

What a beautiful post! That quote is so true :)

Alison Kinsey said...

Perfect post Allison! I'm glad this new town has opened so many unexpected doors for you. That's the fun in risk taking :) I'm hoping to make some similar big steps in my life within the next couple of months. Yay for dreams and dreaming!

PursuitOfLLT said...

sometimes you really just have to go with the flow. I'm a major planner type person so I constantly have to remind myself of this!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

One of my favorite posts I have read tonight....

so glad I stopped by

Had a few minutes to blog hop...Hope you will stop by my holiday blog...there is a great ornament giveaway this week.

http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Norma said...

im glad you're finding peace in this huge transition phase =)

Glitterista said...

What a beautiful post. Isn't it wonderful and crazy all at once how fast your plans can be completely upended? Cheers to you making new ones! :)

JMay said...

I LOVE that quote.

You have a great outlook. I lived in Chicago for a year and had the best time ever.

Enjoy lady!