Hey there peeps. It’s just past midnight here, and I have no idea why, but I am exhausted as shiz. Ok, I lie , I have an idea why I’m crazy-spent-depleted, but that’s for another day. For now, I’m just straight tired. And when I’m this tired, I am random and all over the place. So I apologize in advance, but tonight’s post is completely the same, random and all over the place. (And I know you might be thinking, “Umm Allison, if you’re so tired, why are you blogging and not sleeping?” And my answer? I have my priorities in line, duuuuuh.)
Ok onto my randomness…
1. I turned on my heater tonight. Yes, you read that right, my HEATER. Heater as in the thing that produces hot air when you’re freezing. Yeah, that thing. And its September. What in the world?! I know fall comes early in Chicago, but a heater in early September? Insane. (And for my fellow Chicagoans, it was only my car heater, but still, it was cranking 85 and I was shivering. Insane I tell you.)
2. Today was my first day to open the store as a manager. No other manager, just little old me and a sales associate. In charge of the store. A big store, with nice things, buttons I’m not really sure what they do, and forms I’m not entirely certain how to fill out. And though I had nightmares someone would come in first thing after I opened the door demanding to speak to a manager for a return-price adjustment-online price match-damaged item-parking complaint-where is the closest restroom-do you sell scratch off lottery tickets-I have a gift card-I lost my receipt type of transaction, no one did. Ok, well a few peeps did. But not all those things at once. Thankfully, I handled it without a panicked phone call to another manager. Two hips and hooray for me!
3. This time in three days I will be in Texas. Hells yeah.
4. This time next week I will have just finished my dissertation proposal presentation. Whoa. This probably means I should actually start putting together my presentation. Eeesh.
5. THIS is the best news I’ve heard all day. No wait, all week! And yes, if scroll down to the comments section of the post, you will see the first comment is made by yours truly. I have a Lauren Conrad problem, its fine, I’m aware.
6. Ok, I lied on #5. The best news I’ve heard all day, all week, and all month is that my little brother has officially been accepted to The University of Oklahoma. Keeping the Sooner spirit in the fam. BOOMER! And to all my Longhorn friends and family who attempted to convert him…GAME OVER. You lose. I win. Nice try :)
7. I think Starbucks needs to start serving sprinkle donuts. They serve egg sandwiches, oatmeal, apple fritters, pumpkin bread and apparently now hummus and cheese trays. But no sprinkle donuts? Get with it Starbucks.
8. Thanks to the craziness that is Whale Wars, I rocked Smashing Pumpkins on repeat this morning. I can’t get that song out of my head. Though after a few plays, I returned to my default Glee and B. Spears. I’m certain I might be the only person to have Britney and Smashing Pumpkins on the same playlist lol.
9. My outfit today might be one of my favorite outfits ever. I don’t know if it was the Smashing Pumpkins, the leather jacket, or the black boots, but I felt like a total bad ass lol. On my lunch break, I caught a glimpse of myself in a window and thought, dang, don’t mess with that girl. Ha.
I got this tunic on crazy sale at Macy’s when we were in Arizona (courtesy of my mother in law) and right away, knew I couldn’t wait to pair it with black leggings and black boots for a fall/winteresque day in our new city. And considering it was 54 degrees when I left the house this morning, I jumped to make it happen today. As I was walking out the door, I saw my new leather jacket
wadded up neatly laying on the floor, and threw it on over the get up. Insta-love. I’m wondering if my coworkers would notice if I wore the same thing the rest of the weekend? :)
Leather jacket: Ann Taylor
Tunic: Macy’s INC
Leggings: Ann Taylor
Watch: stolen from Matt :)
Necklace: from my trip to Spain
Rings: Forever 21, David Yurman
Earrings: wedding present from Matt
So, if you made it through all my random thoughts, bless you. You are a fabulous and faithful reader. And to make me feel like less of a rambling loser, share a little something random of your own with me. Pretty please :)