Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm in Texas!


Hey there friends! Today I am so thrilled because I am blogging from TEXAS! Hooray! I am home for the next week and couldn't be more excited. I'm home for two reasons: (1) Wednesday afternoon I am proposing my dissertation (yikes!) and (2) Friday Matt is getting his college ring, a tradition that is insanely huge the place where we are getting our Ph.D. And since I was buying a ticket, I decided to stretch the trip out a little longer to spend time with my family. This is the first time I've been home since Matt and I moved to Chicago, and I must say, there is just something about being home that feels so warm and fuzzy.

Here are a few of things I'm looking forward to over the next week:

Proposing my dissertation and getting over this intense anxiety I'm feeling at the moment...

Spending time with my lovely little family...

Eating real Mexican food...

Thrifting with my mom...

Spending Friday night with my grad school BFFs who I've missed like crazy...

Learning how to use my mac courtesy of my 18 year old bro...

Celebrating Matt's Ph.D with the purchase of some new man-bling...

Petting my sweet puppy while snuggling up on the couch...

Watching countless DVRed episodes of Criminal Minds (oh cable how I've missed you!)...

Hugging my old boss and plopping down in her office like old times...

Laughing till I cry with my partner in crime...

Making a trip to Saltgrass for a Texas sized steak, french fried onions, and honey butter...

Gifting my mom with a shopping trip at the store as an early birthday present...

Watching the OU football game with my favorite new Sooner...

Treating myself to a mani/pedi...

Soaking up all the heat, sunshine, and southern hospitality I can...

I'll be blogging here and there, but for the most part, I'm going to enjoy being in Texas, my home sweet home :)

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nothing like some good old quality time with the fam :)

Good luck with your dissertation!!

PursuitOfLLT said...

ENJOY being home!!

PursuitOfLLT said...

ENJOY your time at home!

Unknown said...

You really do have a lot to look forward to! Going home to see friends and family is always a good feeling. Have fun and best of luck with the dissertation :) You'll do great.

Pao said...

How cool! Have lots of FUN!
I gave you the sunshine blog award. Please check it out :)

http://lifeadventuresandthoughts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Seriously sounds like a BLAST!!! Enjoy:-)

MrsFlewlling said...

Congrats and Good Luck!! Where will Matt be getting his college ring? The Hubs and I are Aggies at A&M and we will both be purchasing some college bling very soon!! Enjoy texas!

Kayla said...

Oh I love Texas. As much as I want to move when I think of it... I just start to miss Texas already! Have fun.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Ashley J said...

Just found your blog and it's super cute!!! Check mine out and I just posted a giveaway yesterday if your interested!!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Kris said...

I just found your blog and I love it!!... I hope you have an excellent trip.

Alison Kinsey said...

Sounds like it will be an absolutely perfect weekend Allison. Enjoy every second of it! Nothing like a mani/pedi and catching up with your family and old bffs!

Collette Osuna said...

Hello,....just found your blog, wanted to say HI:)

Hope you are having a great day...cant wait to read more!

Have a Fashionable Day:)
Statements in Fashion Blog

PursuitOfLLT said...

Hope everything went well in TX. Just wanted to let you know I tagged you in a post.

http://pursuitofllt.blogspot.com/2010/09/tagged-youre-it.html

Lauren said...

Good luck with your dissertation! I found your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend (you know how that goes). L-O-V-E it and I'm totally rocking a headband I've had for months but didn't think I could pull off thanks to you. I blog too but thanks to the crazies, it's private. If you want to read it, let me know and I will add you!

lauren8171{at}gmail{dot}com.