Saturday, September 4, 2010

Staycation Love

tumblr_kx1d5pmqEz1qb0vgro1_400_large{we heart it}

For a lot of people, Labor Day means a vacation, a last minute roadtrip, or a quick trip to the beach.  But for Matt and I, this Labor Day is bringing something a little different.  We’re spending our weekend taking advantage of a lovely little staycation.  But this isn’t any old staycation, this is an upgraded staycation.  Though we are in fact staying in town, we’re not staying at our little two bedroom apartment.  No, no…we’re house-sitting for my boss and her husband while they’re away for the weekend.  My boss and her husband who live in a giant house, with a giant comfy bed, an extended cable package, a bathroom big enough to host a high school dance in, and a sun porch overlooking their pond.  See, this isn’t any old staycation, this is a luxury staycation!  So Matt and I are enjoying a weekend of lazy mornings, mimosas on the sunporch, movie nights snuggled on the couch, walks around the pond, and nights sitting out on the deck.  I can’t think of anything lovelier :)

What are your plans this Labor Day weekend?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting the apartment ready for Mr. M to return from his 3-week trip to Alaska ... Yay for returning husbands! Definitely the best holiday goody I could ask for. :) Enjoy your staycation!

Nicci said...

Have fun, I'm staying at home and unpacking the new apt. I'll probably have a couple friends over on Sunday for a cook out.

Have a great weekend!

Alison Kinsey said...

This sounds like a perfect weekend! I hope you two enjoy it! I'm participating in a bar crawl tonight with two of my gfs, and then enjoying a romantic dinner in Boston with my boy on Sunday :)

Unknown said...

Sounds pretty nice! Enjoy your weekend. I'm working tonight for sure, and potentially tomorrow too :( But if I don't work I'm attending my old high school's football game then going to my city's Greek Festival with my dad. Fingers crossed for the day off!

PursuitOfLLT said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm with you on this labor day. Staycation it is!

Alivia said...

Love this post...it made me smile :) I'm packing (underlined at least four times) and trying to stay zen about moving and starting 4 new jobs in a few weeks. Ah!

Taylor Sterling said...

I did the same thing this weekend. Sometimes a staycation is the best kind!