Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Sangria2{via pinterest}

Getting to sneak out of work 30 minutes early on Friday, which made my 2 hour drive to see Matt that much better...
Enjoying a pizza-and-movie kind of Friday night...
Snuggling with Matt and appreciating being able to physically be next to each other...
Finding the perfect pair of black crop pants, perfect with silk button ups and sky high heels...
Spending a rainy Saturday morning perusing the grocery store...
Watching the past few episodes of the craziness that is Whale Wars...
Padding around in jeans and an oversized button up, my typical weekend uniform...
Whipping up homemade hummus courtesy of this recipe...
Taking advantage of Michael's 60% off custom framing deal and getting Matt's new Ph.D (and my old Master's) framed...
Having a Saturday night family dinner with our friend Norma and her precious dog, Pepper...
Accepting the fact that I'm an old fart and fall asleep by 10:30 pm on weekends...
Lunching and sangria sipping on the patio in what might have been the perfect Sunday afternoon weather...
Phone chatting with my brother as he experiences his first week of college and fraternity rush...
Snagging this fabulous cuff from Ann Taylor after obsessing over it at the NYC fashion show...
Gabbing with friends on my two hour drive back from Chicago...

I've got lots to post this week, so check back for some fun updates (including a new hair color!)  I hope your weekend was fabulous, and may your week be even better!

5 comments:

Anna Walker said...

Sounds like you truly had a fabulous weekend!
Sipping Sangria, talking to family, getting off work early, hanging with Matt, hope you have many more weekends like this to come! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Loqua57 said...

What black crop pants did you buy? I've been on the hunt for a pair!!

Loqua57 said...

What black crop pants did you buy? I've been on the hunt for a pair!

becky said...

i am with Loqua57....where did you find the black crop pants! i need a good pair bad!!

Allison said...

I got my crop pants at The Gap. They had several different styles and a great sale going on. I think the sale is still in effect. Definitely give them a try! I think they're called the "slim crop."