Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Happy Lately List (and How to Have YOUR Happy Lately List Featured on Smart and Sassy with Sprinkles!)

tumblr_l9hbx28JGf1qcangoo1_500_large.jpg{we heart it}

Several weeks ago, I posted a happy lately list.  Two great things happened from that list: 1) I felt even happier after thinking and writing about all those things, and 2) You guys seemed to enjoy the post and left lots of sweet comments about what makes you happy.  Sooo...I have decided to make happy lately lists a regular feature on my blog.  But to spread the happiness, I want to get you all in on the happy lately posts.  So if you're interested in sharing YOUR happy lately list on this little blog, look for details at the end of this post.

So here's my happy lately list...

Our Chicago visitor calendar for the next month is pretty full; we're getting visits from our best friend Miguel, my high school BFF Jordan and her fiance, and Matt's sister and her family.  Hooray for visitors!

Glee.  I know I talk about this show all the time, but I can't believe I wasn't watching it all along.  I totally live for this show now.

Evening walks with Matt.

My nightly apple cider treat.  After the orchard this past weekend, I'm drinking the freshest of the fresh, and boy is it yummy!

Boots and jeans, boots and leggings, boots and dresses...I am loving me some boots right now.

Our newly decorated fall mantel (cute and affordable, woo hoo!)

This video (found through Rockstar Diaries.)  Its like Stomp, Riverdance, and the "clap, clap Bumblebee" game all in one.  (Please tell me you used to play that game.)

Flannel shirts.  Call me Paul Bunyan, but I love wearing flannel shirts, skinny jeans, and messy hair.

The tiny thrift shop I discovered a block away from "the store."  They have the best hidden treasures.

Fall, fall, fall!  I've never experienced a "real" fall, and I just can't get enough of it!

Hooray for happiness!  I swear, just writing down the things you're happy for really does make you happier.  And to spread all of the happiness to you, I'm giving yall, my lovely readers, a chance to share your happy lately list on Smart and Sassy with Sprinkles.  All you have to do is email me (smartandsassywithsprinkles@gmail.com) a list of TEN things that are making you happy lately.  No matter how big or small, share them all!  (Did you catch that little rhyme there?  I'm a natural Seuss wannabe.)  I'm planning to post a list every now and then, so send it whenever you feel inspired to do so, whether its today or in two weeks.  And if this is a bigger hit than I'm anticipating, I may have to find a way to combine a few lists, but we'll cross that bridge if and when we get there.  (Oh wow, I sound like my mom.)  So email away girlies!  Whats making YOU happy lately?

7 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

hey, girly! looove your happy list. yes to GLEE and apple cidar. i love writing happy lists! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog, and for the tip, Allison! Hope you'll be back soon. :)

Kendall and Brooks said...

clap clap bumblebee, clap up down, clap grab touch touch, change, pat, down!

handled.

Kris said...

Yay for apple cider and jeans with boots... I just wish the leaves here would start changing colors.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Mmmmmmm. I wish we could get real apple cider in Florida!

amy kelinda said...

Awww, I love the idea of a happy list! And yum, fresh apple cider sounds AWESOME. I miss having a real autumn... where I live, it just goes from "HOT" to "LESS HOT," haha!

PursuitOfLLT said...

i love this idea!!