Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Low Key Visit from my BFF

This past weekend I was so lucky to get a visit from my best friend Jordan.  She and her fiance were in town for his high school reunion (he is from Chicago; Jordan and I grew up in Dallas together) so they extended their trip a few days so we could get in some BFF bonding time.  With most of our visitors, we are pretty busy seeing the sights and the city, but their visit was low key, which was a nice change.  Though I didn't take a ton of pics (shocking, I know) we enjoyed ourselves and spent most of our time eating, drinking, laughing, and just hanging out.

DSCN3976.JPGSaturday morning, we enjoyed brunch at one of Matt and I's favorite brunch spots.  Jordan's plate was the star of the brunch...banana cinnamon roll french toast.  So yummy!

DSCN3979.JPGMatt, me, and that random piece of hair no one bothered to tell me about lol.

DSCN3982.JPGThe soon to be married couple!  They are getting married in Dallas in March and Matt and I are so excited to be a part of their big day.

DSCN3997.JPGWe of course made time for some shopping :)

DSCN3986.JPGLater in the day, we headed to one of our favorite game watching spots to cheer on the Texas Rangers, the little team that could.

DSCN3990.JPGJordan and I got a little restless, so we headed down the street to an old fashioned candy store.  Annnd, this is what we brought back :)

DSCN3994.JPGJust in case you're wondering the type of pictures you get when you ask your husband to take a quick picture...

DSCN3998.JPGSunday we had lunch at Portillo's.  After seeing a constant, crazy line of cars at this place, Matt and I finally got to experience Portillo's.  They're known for their hot dogs and hamburgers, and since I'm not a big fan of Chicago dogs (I know, sue me) I opted for a hamburger.  And it did not disappoint.  Deelish!

DSCN4006.jpgAfter lunch, we headed to Top Golf, which is a kind of mini-golf meets driving range meets video game.  Super hard to explain, but if you have one near you, its totally worth going.  I know nothing about golf, and still had a blast (and of course wiffed the ball about 95 times, oopsie!)

DSCN4000.JPGThe guys, who took this whole thing a little more serious than Jordan and I :)

DSCN4005.jpgHaha, we are probably the only two people who would golf in leopard :)  And that is what best friends are for, right?  Such a fun visit, and I'm so happy I got to spend time with one of my favorite people in the whole world.  Love you, JJ, can't wait to see you in January!

 

 

11 comments:

Alicia Lund said...

Ah, love it!!! I have been known to go golfing in leopard with my dad before! ;)

Unknown said...

Very cute! I'm going to go visit my best friend this weekend! Mmmm the banana breakfast looks great and so does the candy (including my favoutite- candy pumpkins!)

xo Emily

tinfoilstiaras.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time!

Whitney said...

Awww...you're cute. BFFs visits are the best.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ya'll are too cute! Loving the leopard! I can't wait to see my bestie next month. : ) Stop by our blog for a surprise tonight!

McKenzie said...

Isn't girl time the best? My BFF just left town on Sunday after a week-long visit! Looks like you guys had a great time. And by the way, I would totally golf in leopard :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

love it! besties are always the loveliest to have around. :) what a fun weekend!

(oh and portillos! love that place. they have the best cake shakes ever!!0

Anonymous said...

ok i hate hot dogs bu how cute are those little bags! what adorable branding lol

Anonymous said...

sounds like a super fun weekend! and i looove when you take a picture with something on your face or a hair out of place and no one tells you. fun times :)

love your blog!!

dailyeday.blogspot.com

Alison Kinsey said...

Looks like a fun weekend with your bff! That cinnamon french toast looks amazing, and I love all the candy you brought back with you. I have the hugest sweet tooth :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, Portillo's!!!! :)