Monday, October 25, 2010

Things I've Googled Lately

pink computer.jpg{we heart it}

Emma Watson's new haircut
Though I could never pull this off, she looks adorable.  (But I'm pretty certain she would be adorable in a paper bag.)

When Does It Snow in Chicago?
I am preparing for the day I will begin my winter hibernation.  I'm not sure I'm ready for a Chicago winter.  Eeesh.

How to Start a Fire
Haha, no I haven't joined the Boyscouts, and no, I don't have conduct disorder, but Matt and I ready to enjoy our lovely little fireplace and are having some trouble getting some lasting flames going.  I tried to tell Matt we should get the easy start logs, but he insisted "he knew what he was doing."  How many times have I heard that :)

Friday Night Lights Netflix
I started watching this a few weeks ago and am seriously addicted.  I'm already done with seasons 1 and 2 and halfway into season 3.  Love me some FNL.

Easy Crockpot Recipes
After a disaster in the kitchen two weeks ago (I nearly poisoned Matt with a crockpot Broccoli and Cheese soup) I'm giving it another go and trying to find some easy, delicious crockpot dinners.  Any suggestions?

Anthropologie
I've got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket which has led to me obsessively checking their website for the perfect little lovely to spend it on.  This sweater is definitely in the running.

Coat Racks
In Texas, having a coat rack is about as useful as having a third big toe.  Absolutely no point.  But in Chicago, its a total necessity.  Matt and I are trying to get up to speed on winter essentials, and since our coat closet is teeny tiny, this is something we desperately need (though we can't find one we really like.)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
After my boss brought in a yummy loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread, I thought I'd try my hand at the combination.  After mixing all the ingredients together, I couldn't figure out why the mix was so soupy.  Then Matt curiously asked why I used powdered sugar, before falling to the floor in laughter when I replied "Wait, that's not flour?!"  Oh yall, I really am hopeless in the kitchen :(

New Harry Potter Movie
Less than a month to go...a woo hoo!  I'm trying to finish the last half of the books before then.

Lauren Conrad Style Book
I flipped through this at Target the other day and liked what I saw.  I think I'm going to add this to my Christmas list.

Why don't men realize you have to rinse plates caked with food before putting them in the dishwasher?
Ok, I didn't really Google this, but I am seriously puzzled as to what is so hard about this issue.  Anyone?

What have you Googled lately?

13 comments:

undomestic mama said...

Wow I'd never expect Emma Watson to look good with a short haircut but she actually does! It shows how delicate her features are.

Because boys don't get it, that's why. They also don't get that you can't just throw all the laundry together...at least mine doesn't.

Happy Monday!

Anh said...

You are so cute! Fun post! =)

amy kelinda said...

"Why don't men realize you have to rinse plates caked with food before putting them in the dishwasher?" HAHAHA, I love it! I wonder what would come up if you did actually Google it?

And I agree with you on the adorable-ness of Emma Watson! She's actually the "model" in my blog header!

Stephanie said...

Allison, here are some fabulous and easy crockpot recipes!

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos - easy!
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chili-chicken-tacos?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/favorite-tailgating-recipes#slide_7

Hippy Oatmeal-serves 4, GREAT for the weekends/brunch!! I just posted it on my blog so I will give you a link for that! www.texas2nashville.blogspot.com

And this isn't a crockpot recipe but these pumpkin muffins look a-mazing! Maybe you'll have better luck than with cookies!

http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2010/10/white-chocolate-and-pecan-pumpkin.html

When we moved to Nashville we had to buy a coatrack too...this is what we got:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00099789

Suburban prep said...

Yummy Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sounds wonderful.

A lot of the times when it snows in Chicago it isn't too bad. It is just really the first snow because it has been some time since people have driven in the stuff.

Karli said...

Wanna hear a bad boy story about dishes..? My fiance used to get mad when I would "stack" our plates to take them into the kitchen because now he had to wash both sides... My response "You should always wash both sides" - He didn't think so. And the worst part was he always hand washed his dishes and never used the dishwasher so when they were put away the dirty bottom side of the plate would get stacked on the clean top! EWWWWW!

PursuitOfLLT said...

I've been googling Chicago's weather as well. 75 degrees in October? Huh??

Halloween costumes, antique markets, and I'm always checking restaurants/bars etc. Voluspa candles.

Easiest crock pot chicken taco meat...which you can then make anything with:
http://pursuitofllt.blogspot.com/2010/09/effortless-enchiladas.html

Root Beer, BBQ Pulled Pork:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/slow-cooker-pulled-pork/Detail.aspx

Crazy easy and delicious Italian Beef:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4501973_cheap-italian-beef-crock-pot.html

15 min prep chili:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooked-Chili/Detail.aspx

The best thing about allrecipes.com is that you can enter in how many servings you want since you're only cooking for 2!

Hope these work for you!

Norma said...

I love this post. Definitely you.

norma
norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

Lori: Extreme Results In Fitness & Life said...

Great post! I might have to steal this idea from ya!

Lori

Kimberly said...

My mom always told me that the reason my husband didn't see dirt (i.e. dirty dishes, dusty tables, dirty floors) was because he didn't have a uterus. Her theory was that the uterus held the concept of cleanliness. So far, I have to agree.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

loved this list!

and YES cannot wait for HP7! i originally wanted to read through all the books, but i haven't made it through book 3. they are good - just stinks i know what is going to happen after seeing all the movies. :(

Amanda said...

LOVE my crockpot--that's what's cooking my dinner tomorrow night.

LOVE Harry Potter. and I love Emma's new hair.

The dishwasher part made me giggle :)

Anonymous said...

OMG...so glad you got into FNL! It's probably one of my favorite shows of all time. Isn't it amazing???! :)
Love your blog...you have such a sweet personality, and I always feel happy after reading your posts! :)
(Oh, and we have the same name! Yay! Haha.)