Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Blog Birthday!

blog birthday.jpg{we heart it}

Today I want to wish a very happy birthday to a very special person...my blog!  Ok, I know, my blog isn't really a person, but as much time, energy, and emotion as I put into it, it may as well be! This time a year ago, I logged onto blogspot and got into this little thing called blogging. I had no idea what I was doing, but in the past year, I've managed to fall in love with it. Its been such a nurturing place for me to discover my own thoughts, express them, and reflect on my experiences. Its reminded me how much I love writing and how much I need to express myself with written word. This blog has also allowed me to connect with some really incredible people, who have made each and every day of the past year more enjoyable.  I went back to my first entry to see what I had to say about starting my blog.

...I thought hard about why was I even starting a blog and who on Earth besides my mom will even read this. And my answer surprised me. I don't really care if anyone reads this blog, I think its more for me to express myself and have the crazy combination of thoughts that run through my head down on paper. I have a lot of different sides to me, and some are sides that aren't always encouraged or cultivated in the academic environment I'm in at the moment. So instead of waiting for that rare, encouraging atmosphere, I'm creating it right here on this very blog! I want to show people that you can be a smart independent woman, yet have your share of Jessica Simpson moments. I want people to see that you can carry on a debate about politics, then turn around and have a similarly fierce conversation about The Hills and the Rachel Zoe Project. It is possible to jam Britney Spears and Alanis Morissette on the same playlist and to read PopSugar.com in between academic journal articles. And for those of you who say its not possible, watch me...

A year later, the same pretty much holds true.  This blog has reminded me to take charge of what you need and want in your life.  FInd a way to create the atmosphere your spirit needs in some part of your life.  I'm so grateful for all the things I've learned this year and for the people who have shared these things with me.  To all of you who read my little blog, THANK YOU!  it means so much to me, and I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am.

So today I am raising a glass to my blog's birthday, my fabulous readers, and another year of Smart and Sassy with Sprinkles!  Have a fabulous weekend, lovelies!

12 comments:

P*P*P said...

Happy Birthday, Blog!! :)

Whitney said...

Happy Blogday, to you!

Amanda said...

Happy Blog birthday!!

Dave and Jenny McIntosh said...

Happy Birthday Smart & Sassy with Sprinkles! I have enjoyed every single post!

PursuitOfLLT said...

Happy Birthday, S&Sw/S!!

Have a fabulous weekend, celebrating!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! Woohoo!! :)

caknitter said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! Even though I don't comment as often as I'd like, I pop in frequently to read about your life adventures. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Glitterista said...

Yay! Congrats! And I love this post--being in graduate school currently I often feel the need to let people know that it is very okay to like shopping and pink as well as knowing about all of the groundbreaking research being done in the field. :)

Norma said...

Happy Blog Birthday!! I'm so happy you decided to start blogging! Love you lots =)

Alivia said...

Happy birthday, Blog! And congrats to YOU! I think it's great that you find time to keep up an awesome blog AND have a successful career/continue your education. Yay!
<3

Mere said...

Happy Birthday to your blog. I love reading---keep it up! :-)

Whitney said...

PS- just sent some Sooner love your way on my blog.

Boomer Sooner!
Whitney