Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We Are Moving To…

20081221022922 {we heart it}

CHICAGO!  A woo hoo!!!  We are SO EXCITED about yesterday’s news and are just beside ourselves that we are moving to the Windy City.  A huge congrats to my fabulous, handsome, and smart husband who got his first pick of internships.  We visited Chicago in March 2008 and again this past January and just fell in love with the city.  (See the post from our January trip here.)  I feel so blessed to have had support from such wonderful friends, family, and blogger friends.  You all are incredible, and we are so appreciative for all your thoughts, prayers, and warm wishes.

I’ve included a few pictures below from our “match party” on Friday.  Though we didn’t know where we were headed at that point, we knew we were headed somewhere, and that in itself was a reason to celebrate!

DSCN1736 Me and two of my BFFs, Norma and Natalia.  (Please excuse the ponytail, I had to get ready in 15 minutes which is close to impossible for me.)

DSCN1743-1 Congrats Matt!  I am so proud of you :)

DSCN1755-1 BFFs and new interns.  I am going to bawl my eyes out when we say goodbye to Miguel, and I’m pretty sure Matt will be crying harder than me.  Life won’t be the same without this guy around everyday.

DSCN1770 I love my friends :)

DSCN1753-1 Hahhahahha, so one Miguel’s guy friends had these ridiculously oversized glass (which I personally thought were so super precious on him) and I decided to try them on halfway through the night.  Posing for a picture, everyone decided I looked like Taylor Swift from the “You Belong with Me” video.  See below.

61dd0b9ffab5e677_taylor-swift-you-belong-with-me.xxlarge Glad to know I look like a country/pop star portraying a nerdy teen.  I scare myself sometimes :)

DSCN1776 This picture makes me laugh one due to my dorkiness, and two, because of why we took this picture.  I won’t go into too much detail here, but let’s just say we had to work at 8:00 am the next morning, someone offered to buy Norma a drink, and she turned it down.  I was a very proud mama :)

DSCN1775-2  We are moving to Chicago, I can’t stop saying it, woo hoo!  I am so excited to share this journey with my best friend.

So there you have it, the next year of our life has a firm direction, and we could not be more thrilled!  If any of yall know anything about Chicago, available housing, shopping hotspots, local restaurants, etc. let me know.  I’m already planning for the fun that we are about to have.  Thanks again for your fabulous support, it means so much to me!  Chicago here we come!

10 comments:

Pink Champagne said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! So exciting to be moving to your top pick - I have heard amazing things about Chicago. Whoo hoo!

Juliana said...

Chi town baby here you come!!! Adorable pictures and you DO look like Taylor!!

Ashley Stone said...

Adorable pics! I LOVE Chicago! One of my favorite cities, I'm sure you will love it there! Congrats. Say hi to Oprah for me!

That Girl in Pearls said...

Woohoo!!! BIG BIG Congratulations to the both of you :) You are SO LUCKY!!! Watch Sam and I end up in some god forsaken town... UGH. Although I doubt it could get much worse than our "beloved" College Station. Well, at least you'll enjoy it even more now just by comparison! haha! Best wishes on y'alls new adventure :)

Lindsay said...

congratulations!!! that's so exciting! good luck with the move :) when do you leave?

Norma said...

This post brought on a much needed smile! Very cute. I am soo excited/happy/proud of you and Matt. Can't wait to visit you guys in Chicago =)

Noey said...

First off, congratulations! I secretly crave to live in a big city but I don't think it'll ever happen.
And also, I don't know about Taylor Swift, but since I started reading your blog I totally think you look like Katherine Heigl!

Kelsey said...

So so so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear (read) all about your chitown adventures!

Anh said...

Chicago!!! Love that city!! Congratulations, so exciting!

Lyndsy said...

Congrats on the big news! Chicago is a city I have always wanted to visit and I am sure living there will be fabulous!

Also you totally look so cute with the glasses and it is very Taylor Swifty of you :)