Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dorothy

Purple{via we heart it}

This weekend, my family said goodbye to a very special person, my grandma.  After several months of health complications and challenges, my grandmother passed away on Saturday night.  My Grammy was a strong and intelligent woman who cared deeply about the people closest to her.  She had an unmatched ability to remember the details, celebrating the small moments with love and joy.  She will be missed beyond belief.

Friday my family will gather in Ohio to celebrate my Grammy and love on my granpa, as he mourns the loss of his longtime love.  I ask you to please keep my family in your prayers, as we remember a wonderful woman.  My grandma was a passionate lover of the color purple, so this week, I am noticing shades of purple in the most unexpected places, smiling at my most favorite memories.  I hope to be back later this week to share some of my most treasured moments with her, but until then, I encourage you to read this special tribute to a real life love story.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

=) Hope you see lots of purple and feel your Grandmother smiling back at you today! Grandmothers are so special! RIP.


Brooke

Glitterista said...

Thinking of you and your family.

Brady said...

Sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts, Allison.

Whitney said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet grandmother, Allison. Keeping your family in my thoughts.

Ashley said...

so sorry about your grandmother! you and your family are in my prayers!