Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Brooke's Happy Lately List

It's been a while since I've done a Happy Lately List, which is so unfortanate, because Happy Lately Lists are one of my most favorite things on this blog!  This week, I am excited to share a Happy Lately List from Brooke over at Belts and Bangles!  Take it away, Brooke...

Hotchoc{via pinterest}

For those tough days and weeks when nothing seems to be going right, I like to take some advice from Julie Andrews and revisit "a few of my favorite things." Although raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens are nice, they tend to not make me nearly as happy as my guiltiest pleasures from a new pair of shoes to a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. To indulge in a few things that make every day better-- and get a few ideas for getting happier on your own-- check out my top six list of things that make me happy.

1. Claire's. When my bank account is low and my style standards are high, Claire's is always there with the latest fashion accessories at an affordable price. If I feel like revamping my wardrobe without suffering from the guilt and credit card debt later, I always turn to Claire's to give my next outfit that "wow" factor that ensures several feel-good compliments throughout the day.

2. New Underwear. Boyfriend or not, wearing a new set of cute and/or sexy underwear immediately makes me feel more confident about my body and my overall appearance. In line with the previous thought, underwear also tends to be on the cheaper side of the scale as far as clothing goes. So this indulgent purchase can make me look and feel good even when I'm broke.

3. Ice Cream and/or Hot CocoaDepending on the season, nothing feels better than curling up with a pint of ice cream or a cup of hot cocoa while reading, watching movies or just relaxing at home with friends. It even makes housework and homework better, which is a major victory for someone like me who needs that little extra motivation.

4. Sweaters From J. Crew. Alas, it's only in my dreams that I'll ever be able to afford the huge collection of J. Crew sweaters I want. However, for birthdays, Christmas and any other holiday I can think of, you better believe I'm mass e-mailing links of the entire sweater collection at J.Crew to all my friends and family as a helpful little hint for making the holiday extra happy.

5. Lucky Jeans. I recently became obsessed with Lucky brand jeans and have now made their store my go-to destination for a satisfying shopping trip. The styles and colors of these jeans are always gorgeous without going too over the top the way some upper-end denim suppliers can be.

6. Scarves. Can you tell I love fashion? For my final item, I've decided to expand upon my love for scarves, which I believe can truly make an outfit. The best part about scarves is that they're versatile for several different seasons and outfits. For example, you can wear a thick colorful scarf over a dark coat in the winter or tie a pretty silk scarf around the waist of a pretty white dress in the summer time for an extra unique look.

Indulging in a little "me time" is crucial for building the motivation and feel-good attitude I need to more efficiently complete all my unappealing daily chores. These are just 10 of the things that make me happy, but you can take advantage of any small activity or special item throughout the day that fills you with delight. Feel free to adopt a few of mine and share some of your own in the comments!

A big thanks to Brooke for sharing her Happy Lately List, and remember, if you want to have you list featured on Smart and Sassy with Sprinkles, just send me an email for more information!  Have a fabulous Tuesday yall!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love this idea-writing down some little things that make you happy :)

...off to check out Belts and Bangles!...

Shio Waline said...

I've just got to say that I totally LOVE your blog! I am glad that I fell upon it through Pinterest!! I really do enjoy your "Happy Lately Lists"! I will def be one of your regulars!

Your new blogger friend,
Shio :)