Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Lately List

Blankets{via pinterest}

It's been forever since I've done a happy lately list.  And since it's officially Friday and one step closer to Thanksgiving break, I figured today was the perfect time celebrate the small stuff!

The fact that my DIY manicures are finally getting legit...
Beyonce's "Girls Run the World."  My pump me up/get me through the day song...
This chunky, fuchsia infinity scarf I scored from The Loft.  (40% with friends and family going on!)...
Snagging tickets to see The Nutcracker the weekend before Christmas.  I haven't been the past few years, and I think Matt was getting sick of my whining...
Finally downloading Ellie Goulding's album and having Lollapalooza flashbacks...
Manly flannel shirts...
Breaking out the extra blankets for winter.  Beds are so much cozier when they're stacked with blankets...
Getting flowers at work from my sweet husband...
This belt tying tutorial.  Perfect for my trench coat which has been an everyday thing the past two weeks...
It's Friday.  Enough said...
Looking forward to Thanksgiving break.  4 whole days with Matt, heck yes...
Crockpot dinners, the lazy girl's guide to warm and cozy weeknight meals...
Tights and cable knit boot socks...
Defending my dissertation, booyah!  (You didn't think I'd be sick of saying that by now, did you?)...
Harry Potter comes out on DVD today.  Hell yes.  Date night planned...

What's making you happy today?  PS: I want to get back in the habit of posting readers' happy lately lists.  So if you wanna make a list of your own and email to me, I'll do my best to feature here on this little blog!  Happy weekend yall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great happy list :) Have fun spending time with your hubs!

Jayne said...

The return of the Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks. A Tall "Skinny" one is only 100 calories!

DIY Christmas Cards using cardstock and scrap paper.(http://assets.curbly.com/photos/0000/0006/2718/img_easy-christmas_ss16.jpg)

The release of the "Hunger Games" trailer (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/11/14/the-hunger-games-trailer/)

That lace has made a comeback into Fall and Winter wardrobes.

The first meeting of our book club, "Fireside Reads." Our first book club choice: The Help.

Embellished flats (instead of heels) with cocktail dresses for Holiday Parties.

Chocolate Filled Sweet Potato Cupcakes. A fun Thanksgiving twist on dessert. (Recipe from the November issue of Better Homes & Garden).

Peasant Blouses are here to stay.

Pretty wall decals instead of hangable wall art as a decorating twist. They are cheaper too!

Purchasing agricultural goods, such as chickens, sheep, and buffalo, for families battling hunger in lieu family gifts this Christmas. (www.heiferinternational.org)