Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Gather{via Amanda Catherine Designs}

We just arrived home from a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.  Matt and I stayed in Chicago this year, so though we were apart from our families, we were so blessed to share a table with dear friends who have become our sort of adopted family here.  We left with full bellies and grateful hearts, for we are so very blessed.  Here are a few of the things I'm giving thanks for this special day...

a husband that loves me...
parents who support me...
a brother that inspires me...
a job that fulfills me...
friends that get me...
a home that protects me...
students that challenge me...
a chicago family that has adopted me...
a church that nourishes me...
a blog that expresses me...
men and women fighting to defend freedom for me...
a fireplace that warms me...
extended family who care for me...
a spending freeze that saved me...
stretchy pants that forgive me...

Today and everyday, I strive to be thankful.  I have so much love in my life, so many blessings around me, and I am grateful for a day that reminds me to focus diligently on these.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.  May we all continue to be thankful this week and always.

1 comment:

Makenna Van Liew said...

Having the whole Niebes family over for Thanksgiving wasn't complete without you! you were missed! hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Matt and cannot wait to see you at Christmas :)