Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Graduation in Texas

Two weekends ago, we flew to Texas for my brother's graduation, and I'm still blinking wondering where the trip went.  I thought I'd be more snap happy with my camera, but in reality, I left my camera in my purse for most the trip and focused on celebrating my wonderful brother.  But thankfully, I was able to swipe pictures from friends and family after the fact.  Cause yall know how much I love pictures :)

IMG 5343The sisters, the graduate, the parents, and the brother-in-law...all so very proud of our graduate.  PS: Did that make it sound like Matt is my brother-in-law?  Cause that would be just weird.  My husband, but brother-in-law of the graduate.  Lol, got it?

DSCN4921Ryan and I would be lost without the love and support of these two.

DSCN4925My sweet sister and I.

251369 1694239686575 1555290160 31296484 5822985 nMy brother and his oh-so-adorable girlfriend, Makenna.  Graduation was my first time to meet her (a major downfall of living so far away) and I couldn't believe how unbelievably delightful she was!  Genuine, funny, mature, fashionable, and insanely down to earth.  But best of all, she adores my brother, and nothing makes me happier :)

DSCN4931Family events always make me smile at how easily Matt has fit into my crazy family.

251113 1973527668676 1557575299 2040445 2602784 nThere is not a prouder big sister on the planet!

IMG 5347One big, happy family, including my aunt, uncle, and cousin who flew in from Atlanta.  PS: thanks Makenna for the picture!

DSCN4962At my brother's graduation party.  Friends, family, and Texas BBQ...the best kind of celebration!

DSCN4945Love my sweet dad :)

Soler0000015AFor my brother's graduation gift, I put together a slideshow with tons of pictures of Ryan growing up, playing sports, living and traveling in Europe, and enjoying high school.  It was such a treat to make and a blast to show to family and friends at the graduation party.  This picture made the video, and it makes me tear up, thinking how much time has passed since this picture.  The Lion King pajamas no longer fit, the baby teeth are gone, but my love for this little guy is as big as ever.  Ryan, I'm so proud of the person you are, the growth you've experienced, and the love you give to the people around you.  No matter where life takes you, I hope you always know how very much your big sister loves you.

These pictures are proof that time flies, so today, take a second to hug someone you love and squeeze extra tight, because life moves fast and we don't get the seconds back.  Have a happy Tuesday sweet friends!

11 comments:

kristin said...

your dad NEVER ages!! haha...love the pics and your sweet time there!

Tina said...

aw it looks like you guys had a wonderful time at the graduation! congratulations to your brother! i know its scary how much time passes by but hope you guys have nothing but more great memories to share ;)

Norma said...

aww such a cute pic from the slideshow! even i can't believe how much ryan has grown up!

norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

Whitney said...

TEARS!!!!!! Congrats to the Niebes fam!

Neon Blonde Runner said...

Slideshows are SO fun at birthday parties, wonderful idea!!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations to your brother! Your family is gorgeous, Allison!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

There is nothing greater than family :) love this post! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

Allison I would love to know where you got that coral dress you wore at the bbq. It's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I also was wondering about the coral dress, it's so beautiful! Congrats to the bro!

Allison said...

Thank you guys so much for your kind words. My coral dress is Max and Cleo and I have to stop myself from wearing it everyday because I love it so much :)

Lexi said...

okay, I have to know where that pink dress is from ... love it!

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls