Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May

Spirit{via pinterest}

It's May 1st, and for some reason, I am overcome by a feeling of total rejuvenation.  May has brought a renewed sense of commitment and dedication to getting things done and doing them right.  I suddenly feel inspired to clean out my closet, cook at home, drink more water, and call old friends.  I feel excited to stop collecting stuff that I don't need, spending money I don't have, and then feeling guilty when it's all said and done.  I'm ready to plan for the summer, organize picnics with friends, and be intentional about how I am going to spend my month off.  I'm looking forward to wrapping up internship, walking across the stage as "Doctor Allison," and living back with Matt during the week.  I'm suddenly bursting with energy and inspiration, ready to face some of things I've been avoiding for some time.  I'm not sure what it is about May 1st, but there's definitely something different.  And I'm ready as hell to run with it, take chances, get moving, and embrace all that life has to offer.

So cheers to you, May 1st.  I think you're just what I needed.

2 comments:

Jamie LaFuze said...

I love your motivation this month, and can relate. I think May is just beautiful, things are warming up and I always feel a bit of rejuvenation. I hope that you finish your doctorate strong and am so glad that you and your husband will be reunited so soon!

Brady said...

Yay! The nice weather has also made me excited for what's ahead. Also, I can't wait to hear all about your graduation!