As promised earlier in the week, here are a few more birthday weekend snaps...
1. I started my birthday off right with a trip to the gym. (Are you impressed I'm semi-sticking to my refocus? Me too lol!) When I checked in at the desk, it must have alerted the guy that it was my birthday. After he said "Happy birthday," he asked, "How old are you?" When I answered, he looked horrified, saying "No offense, but I don't think you look that old!" I chose to take that as a compliment :)
2. Birthday manicure: pink on pink!
3. Birthday cake Oreos (aka the best invention on the planet!)
4. Oreo birthday cake, made by my sweet husband. That cake was the epitome of so good, yet so bad. I could literally feel my bloodstream freaking out from all the sugar lol.
5. Navy Pier Ferris wheel. (See the rest of the trip here.)
6. An unexpected drop in temperatures had me cringing at the thought of pulling my coat back out. Naturally, I reached for my favorite vest instead :)
7. Mr. Cool himself.
8. Now or never, here we go...
9. It was worth it; we got a fabulous view of Chicago.
10. Cute parents + sunnies.
11. I totally thought I lost these sunglasses, but my sweet dad found them in the trunk of my car. Birthday karma!
12. Lunch in Chinatown. PS: I highly recommend Lao Sze Chuan! Though if you're not one for spicy foods, beware of what you order :)
13. Birthday cheers at one of my favorite tapas restaurants, Meson Sabika.
14. Sibling love.
15. Birthdays always make me smile, as Matt and I's dating sparks started over a birthday :)
16. This year my wish felt extra special, though my lips are definitely sealed!
17. Sunday was nice and sunny, making the Chicago springtime tulips look their very best.
18. With the sun, came a lot of patio time. It was so peaceful to float between the patio and the living room just laughing and chatting with my family.
19. My dad is literally obsessed with popcorn, especially the Chicago mix (carmel+cheese). Every time he comes to Chicago or I go to Texas, it's expected that Chicago mix popcorn will be exchanged :)
20. Though I was sad to see my family leave, the celebrations continued into the next week with my intern friends. My friend Christa cooked up a fabulous meal, complete with a longtime nickname shout out! I answer to "Neebs," a childhood-college nickname, almost as easily as I answer to "Allison."
So there you have it...my celebrations welcoming year 28. And if this birthday was any indication, it's going to be a really fabulous year! Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes my way; I really appreciate it! Happy weekend!