Monday, February 13, 2012

My Weekend View

IMG 0373

This was pretty much my view all weekend.  The background changed: our apartment, a coffee shop, the dinner table, our bed, in front of a roaring fire.  But the foreground, nope it stayed the same.  This weekend, in 24 hours, I read the first two books in The Hunger Games series, and oh my goodness...I'm obsessed.  Now I realize why everyone else and their mom has read this series.  It's amazing, addicting, and literally impossible to put down.  (Trust me, at 2:00 am on Sunday morning, I tried to force myself to shut my Kindle.  No luck; it was literally glued to my hands.)

So while I'm pretty sure I'm the last person on Earth to read the series, I've got no shame.  Because holy hell, the series is amazing.  I'm already planning to hide under the covers all night, book light in hand.  I can't promise I won't finish the last of the three books.  By tomorrow :)

PS: Am I the only one who is just now reading the series?  And now counting down to the movie?  And obsessing over every character and plot detail?

10 comments:

Chrissy + Nate said...

I have yet to read it: I need to get on that!!!

Jax+Puzzle said...

I haven't read the series yet! Grad school doesn't leave a whole lot of time (or energy!) for reading for pleasure ;-)

Tina said...

isnt it the best?? that was me 2 weeks ago! im obsessed and now im reading it over again [something i didnt even do with harry potter... i know whats wrong with me?]

Glitterista said...

I just read them over Christmas and was so shocked how much I adored them and how difficult it was to put them down. ;)

Vanessa said...

You're not the only one. I wasn't going to read it, since it's technically a book for teens. But everyone says it's great, so I'm waiting for my sister to let me borrow her copy. =)

Brady said...

Ahhh, so good! If you experience some H.G. withdrawal, try Divergent. I liked that one almost as well.

Dana Parcher said...

I haven't read them yet, but I plan on doing so this week! I heard they are addicting!

Anonymous said...

I just started (and finished) reading them last week too!! They're such simple reads, and entertaining. As long as we're done by the time the movie is out I think we're good :)

Kim said...

I just read them in December - and I was the same way! I read them all in three days, I could NOT put them down!

Michelle said...

I'm a HUGE reader and haven't read them yet! I'm thinking I might dig in this weeked...we'll see :) You may have convinced me!

P.S. Love your blog!! :)

Cheers,
Michelle