I had the best intentions of being a better blogger over the holidays, but the minute I got home and saw my family, that went out the window. And I'm totally ok with that. Our time here in Houston has been beyond wonderful. I've been so cozy and content, that I've broken out Cameron just once, instead relying on my much easier to tote iPhone. Here are a few of my favorite snaps from the past week.
1. Getting into the Santa spirit after meeting friends for drinks at DOC Wine Bar. 2. My holiday manicure. I cannot get enough of OPIs Rainbow Connection; it is the perfect glitter polish!
3. Christmas cookie decorating, a family tradition. 4. A pre-Christmas visit from our friends Jesse and Steven. Always good to see them!
5. Finally in Houston and loving the weather. No coat needed! PS: I picked up this sweater from Macy's on Black Friday for $20! 6. My attempt at pretty but free wrapping...campus newspaper, gold ribbon, red paper, and tiny rhinestones. Use what you have, and make it work!
7. My parents pretty tree, ready for Santa. 8. Christmas Eve story time, The Polar Express and The Night before Christmas.
9. My sweet doggie, snuggled up in his Christmas sweater. 10. Moscow Mules in our new copper mugs (thanks Josh and Anthony!)
11. The Clark Griswald of Houston who lives near my parents. We love this house! (PS: you can watch the video I took with my iPhone here on Youtube. You know, in case you're still in the holiday mood.) 12. Out for yummy and close-to-impossible-to-get-in-Chicago Mexican food with my mom.
13. One of my favorite presents of the year? Matt surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas! We're planning to go early next spring, eeek! 14. One of Matt's presents from my parents and the hit family game this holiday, Six Word Memoirs. It's awesome and has been our go-to activity the past few nights!
I hope you have been enjoying time with loved ones, soaking up all the special moments that this holiday season brings. We're in Texas for a few more days, and I must admit, I'm not quite ready to leave. I plan to spend the next few days savoring every small moment I can! Merry (belated) Christmas to all!