Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Snapshots

DSCN4444.JPGPicking our favorites at a local ice sculpting contest.
(Living in the Arctic has its benefits!)

DSCN4446.JPGThe recipient of our vote.
(Why are seahorses so dang cute?!)

DSCN4439.JPGA bun, a bobby pin, and a brooch.  The perfect solution for Saturday hair.
(This is looking down on the top of my head.)

DSCN4449.JPGClever lunch coasters.  Extra points for the "$" in coaster.
(If you have been living under a rock, go here.)

DSCN4450.JPGSliders, mini Chicago dogs, and parmesan frites.
(I saved up calories all week for this meal!)

DSCN4452.JPGBrowsing at Barnes and Noble.
(With Matt and I "browsing" usually means buying lol.)

DSCN4457.JPGMatt and I's new evening activity.
(The puzzle is a pop art Chicago cityscape so we've had fun spotting our favorite haunts.)

DSCN4461.JPGLeisurely Sunday morning coffee.
(That isn't happened in months!)

All in all, it was a lovely weekend (even with working Friday, Saturday, Sunday shifts at the store.)  Sometimes low key, not super exciting weekends are best kind to have.  How was your weekend?

14 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Loooove the coaster! Fun weekend! :)

Lindsay said...

I love browsing at the bookstore... Except I'm not big on buying books so I usually write down titles and then go to the library haha.

I also haven't done a puzzle in years, that sounds like so much fun!

Chloe said...

Great photos! They do a snow sculpting contest this time of year up in Breckenridge that I love going to here in Colorado - so much crazy talent!

PursuitOfLLT said...

your weekend sounds perfect! mine was a bit bumpy but i'm alive!

i actually grabbed a drink at houlihan's with my friend jason on friday and had the same coaster :)

that ice sculpture contest is neat! where did you find that?!

amy kelinda said...

Low key weekends are definitely the best, and even your low key weekend sounds like it was full of fun activities and good food! Mmmm, those sliders look amazing... And a pop art puzzle? That sounds awesome! I hope you're not missing any corner pieces!

Lisa said...

had a great and rare low key weekend myself, including taking a nap at 5pm on Sunday! lol. Hope your week is going well!

jayme said...

great pictures! i just got a new puzzle too but i have to wait to give it to the boy for valentines day! i can't wait though! and there's nothing better than that morning coffee when you haven't had it for awhile! :) xo happy tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Love the bun...cute and always classy!

Sharon Lei said...

What a fun and decadent weekend... the sliders look delish.. om nom nom. ;)

xx Love & Aloha

Kelly said...

GREAT pictures!! love the hair and those ice sculptures!

the southern hostess said...

What a perfect weekend! I love that bun.

the southern hostess said...

What a perfect weekend! I love that bun.

Ramsey said...

Ok, so first off, I love puzzles. I love how they befizzle my mind with all of their puzzly goodness into destressing. And I love the bookstore. Just the way it smells. Ahhh. And that coaster. Can I get a set for mi casa?

Alicia Lund said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! Those ice sculptures are amazing!!