Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NYC Wedding Weekend: Part 1

We've been back from New York for a few days, and I'm desperately hoping that sometime this week, my body will attempt to recover from all the late nights, lack of sleep, and tons of fun we had.  The weekend was fabulous, and it was so incredible to be able to share in Josh and Anthony's big day.  Not surprisingly, I took a ton of pictures while we were there, so I thought it would be easiest to break the weekend up in a few parts.  First up...pre-wedding festivities!

319955 10150322030802480 769142479 7983763 297048049 nMatt and I arrived early Friday morning after a smooth flight out of Chicago.  (FYI: A 6:00 am departure time makes for a painfully early wake up call.)  The rest of Matt's family arrived the day before, so as soon as we landed, we dropped of our luggage and headed for brunch at Popover Cafe.  It was so yummy and the perfect start to the weekend!

DSCN5262After brunch, the guys headed off to move a few things for the wedding the following day, so the girls headed off to explore Central Park and The Met.  The weather was beautiful and perfect for exploring NYC on foot!

DSCN5261Leopard and Central Park...New York staples in my book :)
Top: Ann Taylor, Necklace: H&M

317849 10150322045397480 769142479 7983945 1430734790 nAfter an afternoon of exploring, we stopped by the famous NYC sweet spot, Dylan's Candy Bar.  Nothing like a little freshly spun cotton candy and pink rock candy to reenergize you :)

DSCN5263Chicago is my without a doubt my favorite city, but I can't deny that New York City has some fabulous views.

DSCN5266Friday night, Josh and Anthony hosted their closest friends and family for dinner and drinks at Rosa Mexicano, home of a delicious pink pomegranate margarita that got me into a little too much trouble :)

DSCN5267Snapping a quick pic with my sister-in-law Julie who is just as picture happy as me (hard to believe, I know).

DSCN5269Julie and I with our soon to be brother-in-law.  PS: As much as I wanted new outfits for all of our NYC events, I resisted (love you September Spending Freeze) and rewore the Tadashi Shojidress I wore to my best friend's rehearsal dinner in March.

DSCN5273After toasting to Josh and Anthony's love (and tearing up at Matt's mom's speech) a group of us headed for cocktails at The Mandarin Oriental.  Though we could probably never afford to stay at that hotel, the views from the 35th were unreal, and it was such a fun treat to experience!

I'll be back later this week with pictures from the ceremony and reception.  A big thanks to Josh and Anthony for hosting such an incredible weekend!

7 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

awesome - looks like you guys had a fab time!!!!

MrsFlewlling said...

The dress is so gorgeous, new or not! Can 't wait to see pics of the Ceremony!!

Tina said...

aw it looks like you guys had fun! im dying to go to dylans candy bar and it looks so cute from your picture! and it looks like you had ideal weather!

check out my blog!! i need your help! [im visiting chicago and need recommendations of things to check out!]

Paula said...

Awesome :) I love the view at the Mandarin! I first went there with Virginia - can't wait for the rest of your recap!

CapeCodCollegiate said...

Freshly spun cotton candy? Count me in!
Looks like so much
xx

Glitterista said...

What a blast already! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Great outfit choices, love the gold dress. Way to go with your spending freeze! :)

Laura Darling said...

Oh I love Dylan's Candy Bar! Looks like you had a fun weekend!