Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Check In

20090503015427 {via we heart it}

Hey sweet friends!  Just getting back to blogland after an INCREDIBLE birthday celebration weekend, and all I can say is wow, who knew the weekend would be so stinking fabulous?!  My husband and friends are beyond thoughtful and did so much to make my 26th birthday one to remember!  I’d hoped to post a full recap tonight, but that’s going to be a no-go.

Because…in the midst of my birthday excitement last week, I forgot to mention that I got a job interview in Chicago!  A woo hoo!  (If you’re new to the blog you can read about our upcoming move to Chicago here and here.)  I’m beyond excited, but also slightly overwhelmed with all I need to do to prepare.  I’m a bit of a neurotic over-preparer when it comes to interviews, so I’m trying to get as ready as possible before I fly out on Wednesday morning.  In my book, “ready” equals fully prepared for any question they throw my way, fresh highlights, a new suit, neatly manicured nails, organized print outs of my travel plans, an insanely pared down cosmetic case, reviewing my application 40 times, and some creative packing to manage just a carry on.  Eeek, a lot to do before Wednesday morning!

So hopefully a full birthday recap will be up soon.  Nothing like blogging at the airport to take away some interview anxiety :)

Until then, much love and happy Monday (almost Tuesday!)

8 comments:

Noey said...

Good luck! You'll do great :]

Ashley Stone said...

Hope your interview goes well! I'm sure you'll do great! xoxo

caknitter said...

Good luck on the interview!

Lindsay said...

Ahhhh good luck on the interview!! From the way you prepare it sounds like you're going to be plenty ready for it!

emily said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! youll do great!

Alicia Lund said...

wow, im thoroughly impressed with your planning and preparedness! good luck with your interview! so exciting :)

Mel said...

Good luck! You'll be fabulous!

MrsFlewlling said...

Good Luck!! Knock them off their feet!!