Friday, April 2, 2010

Hooray for 3 Day Weekends and Early Birthdays

tumblr_krl71buX3x1qzrvo0o1_500_large {we heart it}

Happy Friday sweet friends!  I know lots of people are off work today for Good Friday and though I too am off work, it’s not for Good Friday…its for my pre-birthday shopping day!  (Ok, I lie a little.  I am technically off work due to the holiday, but am pretending I’m off because its National Allison is Going Shopping with Her Mom for Her Birthday Dress Day.  You all got the memo right?!

My birthday is around the corner (April 12) and though I usually obsessively anticipate my birthday months ahead, this year I’ve been a little slow on the uptake.  I don’t know if its the stress I’ve been under the past few months, the focus on our upcoming move, or what, but I’ve kinda been “ehhh” about the whole thing.  However, I got my Anthro birthday card in the mail earlier this week, and suddenly I perked right up!

So I’m headed home this weekend to celebrate an early birthday with my family.  My mom and I have a big weekend of shopping planned (Friday is Anthro, J.Crew, Banana, Nordstrom, and Ann Taylor day, while Saturday is our big treasure hunting/thrifting day.)  Of course its also Easter, and we’ll celebrate that on Sunday, but until then…happy early birthday to me!  (Guess I’m finally in the birthday spirit!)

On the task list this weekend?  Pick out a birthday dress for my celebration with my friends, score some new black shades, use my Anthro discount card like crazy wisely, hit Ann Taylor’s crazy big sale (40% off everything), and find some perfect spring wedges.  (God please don’t let Matt read this before the shopping day is over.)  Then Saturday, we’ll do a fun birthday dinner with my family and take an obsessive amount of pictures which I’ll post later next week.  On Sunday, the focus shifts to something more important though as we celebrate the joy and hope that Easter brings and give thanks for all the wonderful blessings God has given us.

So with that, I’m off to Houston!  Hooray for birthdays, early celebrations, and time with family!  Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hope you find what you're looking for...hooray for sales:)

Pink Champagne said...

What a fabulous weekend ahead! I adore mother-daughter shopping trips - have a blast darling!

Alison Kinsey said...

this sounds SO fun allison! party dress shopping is the best. i hope you find something cute. i love anthropologie too, so many darling things in that store, i wish it wasn't so pricy! have a good weekend!

Manhattan Mommy said...

Hope you got lots of good stuff on your shopping trip!! Enjoy! :)

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

My birthday is just 2 days after yours! I came home this weekend for a little birthday celebration myself! enjoy your day, i hope you found what you were looking for! I also got the wristlet and I absolutely love it! I just dropped you a little thank you in the mail today!

Unknown said...

Hope you had fun shopping! Hmm I may have to designate a day liek that for myself in May:-)

Happy early birthday!!! Can't wait to see your dress