Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Quick OOTD and My Go To Travel Look

Hey there, just enjoying a laid back Friday night at home with my feet propped up, snuggled in my favorite cozy robe.  Ahh…much needed after a long day working at the store.  Tonight, I worked the closing shift and certainly tested the limits of wearing heels for a long day of retail.  Eeesh, I was hurting that last hour.  But, never one to let a little pain get in the way, I made sure to snap a few quick pics of my outfit in the fitting room mirror.  Not great pics, but you get the idea :)

DSCN3124

DSCN3126

Top: Banana Republic

Cardigan: The Limited

Skirt: Banana Republic

Shoes: Gianni Bini

Necklace: Ann Taylor

Earrings: my wedding day gift from Matt

Ring: David Yurman

This isn’t a super summery outfit, but it was dark and stormy today in Chicago, so I wasn’t in the mood to wear anything light and airy.  But my petal necklace added a bit of summer perk to my outfit.   It’s similar to this one but without beads/jewels in the middle, and it always makes me feel extra girly and fun!

Also, in my crazy long, picture overloaded NYC posts, I forgot to post my travel outfit.  Lately, when we travel, I’ve been reaching for the same thing, my favorite boyfriend jeans, a blazer, and big heels.  I’ve learned not to travel anywhere without a blazer; its so versatile and easy, it goes with almost anything and can work in several situations.  I’m also in love with jersey dresses, but since they travel well and don’t wrinkle, I cram those into my bags and wear the blazer on board.  I pair my blazer and boyfriend jeans with my biggest and heaviest heels so I don’t have to take up the weight and space in my luggage :) 

This was my outfit as we landed in New York last week…

DSCN2760

DSCN2762

Blazer: The Limited

T-shirt: J.Crew

Jeans: the Gap

Shoes: Gianni Bini

Scarf: the Limited

Necklaces: from my trip to Spain a few years ago; from a market in San Antonio

Earrings: my wedding day gift from Matt

Ring: David Yurman

Bag: the Limited

Though I’m working all weekend, I’m really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.  Matt and I are also hoping to squeeze in a picnic if the weather gets better for a day or two.  What are your weekend plans?  Whatever they are, may they be fabulous and fun!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Great outfits! I love the yellow cardigan - such a nice bright pop of colour :)

Anonymous said...

You are just one of those people that wear clothes beautifully. I love seeing your outfit inspirations. Have a great weekend! ~ Debby xo

Jamie said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the black and yellow combo :)

Alison Kinsey said...

Love all of your looks, the travel ones look comfortable and stylish. I hope you two are able to squeeze in your picnic! I'm hoping to soak up the beautiful weather at the very least :)

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Woohoo - some outfit pix!

Where do you work?!?!?

This weekend, welllll, so far I've bought the fabric for my wedding dress and gone to a baby shower. Fathers' Day tomorrowwww - big brunch with my fam hosted by my sis and I :)

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love yellow and black (and grey!)

Nicole Marie said...

love that scarf!!